Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Off to a good start

My New Year's resolution this year is to have the kids in bed by 8:3o p.m. so I can have a little time to myself before I go to bed. They don't have to go to sleep, just be in bed. Nelson has been reading until he falls asleep. In fact, he just finished reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." I asked why not Diary of a Strong Kid. He thinks is it funny, so okay. Getting them in bed early is working well so far. I can't figure out why I didn't stick to this earlier.



We have been busy over the last few weeks painting all of the bedrooms and the kids bathroom. It is amazing what a little bit of paint can do. It has been fun to make changes to the house. I especially love our room. We painted the ceiling white and the walls blue (from olive green and dark tan.) It made the room look so much bigger.



We had a great Christmas. It is so nice to spend time with family. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. We really focused this year on other people instead of ourselves. We even got to help a family in need. That was a great experience for all of us.



The kids are both doing great in school. Homework has gotten easier for Nelson so he has more time to enjoy in the evenings. He has gotten into the habit of doing his homework as soon as he gets home. Way to go, Nelson! Alli runs to join her friends when she gets to school instead of crying. She has started sounding out words she is reading and writing. I am so impressed!



Greg got to travel to Randolph Air Force Base last week. It is the first time he has traveled in a year a half. He was so excited to get out of his little office at home. He enjoyed the trip and is looking forward to travel to another Air Force Base in the near future.



Here are a few pictures from the last couple of months.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

You're back! Great to see you blogging again! Sounds like everyone is doing great, and you've motivated me to get closer to painting around here, too. The results are sooo worth the effort :)