Thursday, February 7, 2008

First day of Pre-School




Yes, Alli started Pre-School on Tuesday. It is a little program over at the Clay Madsen Rec Center where she takes gymnastics and ballet. She has been wanting to go to 'school' for so long. I am glad they started a program over there. She got a new backpack, mini size, just for the occasion. The class is three hours a day, two days a week. She has to get up before Nelson to get ready and eat (because she takes longer.) We take Nelson to school first and then drop her off. She was so tired the first day. I am guessing she will be today, too. Even though she normally wakes up at the same time, she is used to sitting on the couch wrapped in her blankie watching Sesame Street. When I picked her up, I asked what she did at school. I was hoping for they colored or read books or learned a letter. Her reply . . . "We had a snack." And what else? . . . "We played." Great! They learned all about the letter 'D' I found out later. We spent the rest of the day finding things that started with 'D'. - Mom: "I see a d-d-d-dog." Alli: "I see a d-d-d-truck." Mom: "No, truck starts with t. Let's go home and see d-d-d-dad." Alli: "Can we have some d-d-d-lunch when we get there?" Oh, well. We tried. Today is the letter "E". I think I am going to have a harder time finding things that start with "E", but I am hoping she will catch on to my game.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

She is so d-d-d-cute!!! hee hee!