Wednesday, February 13, 2008

F-Y-I

As many of you know, we found out last year that Alli is allergic to nuts, tree nuts in particular. She has a mild allergy to peanuts though, more annoying than dangerous. I have been wondering for a while now if plain M&Ms have peanuts in them. The package says "May contain peanuts" under the allergy info. Her allergy isn't severe enough to be bothered by "this product was manufactured in the same plant as nuts" warning. She reacts only when she actually ingests a nut. So, my suspicions were confirmed when Alli ate (as a test under my supervision) ONE plain M&M. This is what happened . . .


Clicking on the picture will enlarge it. So . . . for your information, plain M&Ms do contain peanuts! How unfair is that?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That has got to be annoying! Nuts are in SO much stuff!

I am such a dork! I was about to suggest Reese's Pieces! Then I remembered, those are PEANUT BUTTER! DUH! LOL!!!!

What about the Hershey's version of M&M's? Mom always used to buy those, and in my opinion, they are way yummier anyway!

Leslie said...

That is just SO UNFAIR! I would've never guessed M&Ms would do that!