Greg and I were able to travel together to Utah on New Year's day for a business/pleasure trip. Greg's parents kindly kept the children for us while we were gone. We really appreciated it. We had a great time. Greg enjoyed seeing all of his co-workers and catching up with them again. I enjoyed getting out to see friends and family. I only wish I had more time to see everyone. Greg was mostly kept hostage at the hotel where he spent long hours in a conference room. Thursday was play day. We went up to Snowbird Ski Resort with most of his company. Some of us snowboarded while others skied (that looks weird) and rode snow mobiles. The day was beautiful and warm for being on the top of a mountain covered in snow.
Greg and I were a bit apprehensive because we are less than experienced boarders and the last time each of us went we came away with our pride and other parts of us bruised. We started out slow on the Chickadee slope or Chicken slope as I called it. After a few runs down we were feeling pretty comfortable. We had a nice lunch and then headed to a little harder lift across the mountain. All went well considering it was four times longer and twice as steep as the chicken run. It doesn't mean we didn't spend a fair amount of time in the snow on our bums, but all in all it was pretty successful. I think our confidence has been restored and next time we head out we will surely "rip" up the snow. It was a short trip, less than three days, but fun none the less. We are grateful we were able to go together and feel like we were "home" again for a short while. 
Greg and I were a bit apprehensive because we are less than experienced boarders and the last time each of us went we came away with our pride and other parts of us bruised. We started out slow on the Chickadee slope or Chicken slope as I called it. After a few runs down we were feeling pretty comfortable. We had a nice lunch and then headed to a little harder lift across the mountain. All went well considering it was four times longer and twice as steep as the chicken run. It doesn't mean we didn't spend a fair amount of time in the snow on our bums, but all in all it was pretty successful. I think our confidence has been restored and next time we head out we will surely "rip" up the snow. It was a short trip, less than three days, but fun none the less. We are grateful we were able to go together and feel like we were "home" again for a short while.
2 comments:
The snow looks beautiful!!!
The two of you were so lucky to have gotten to go. Last time Tom and I went snow skiing was about 16
years ago. The two of you look so happy. What a great way to start out the New Year!!
Looks like a great trip! You guys will have to keep making those trips in order to perfect your boarding skills so you can teach the kiddos one day :)
Post a Comment