NO . . . it's our baby girl flying off the diving board!!
I am continually amazed at the rate at which children learn and adapt and over come fears. This is Alli on the last day of her second set of swim lessons. During her first session she wouldn't even put her face in the water. She made progress is other areas, but was held back by this fear. Now, four short weeks later here she is.

Nelson and Alli both took swim lessons again. They each had different teachers this time. Nelson's class spent most of their time learning new swim strokes. He did really well with free style and back stroke. Butterfly was the last one they worked on and it was a little tougher for all the kids. I think he is going to be a great swimmer if he wants to keep at it. He continued to enjoy jumping off the diving board and playing water games with the other kids.
Alli was a little timid on the first day again, but we all talked to her about putting her face in the water and by the second day of class she was sticking her head in the water every few minutes. Within another day or so she was retrieving things off the bottom of the pool with her teacher and by the beginning of the second week she was swimming with her face in the water. I couldn't believe the progress she made in one week. She can now swim under water about 10 feet to one of us. If she feels she can't make it, she puts her little head above the water and turns in circles until we get to her. On the second to last day of class her teacher took them to the diving board. Alli and her classmate, Jay, both jumped without hesitation three times the first day. Miss Ashley said she can't even get her older class to do that. It was impressive. I have to admit, I teared up a little as she climbed up and walked out and then jumped in. Woohoo, Alli!
3 comments:
That's great! I can't believe Alli is jumping off a diving bored and actually swimming on her own! That is amazing!!! You are motivating me to talk my husband into getting our kids into swim lessons. That really is great the progress that they are making. Thanks for posting!
Ack, this makes ME want to go swimming, and you know I haven't put on a swimsuit in years, unless we are camping!
What great pictures of them both mid-air! I'll bet Alli just loves to see that picture of herself bravely flying off the diving board. Sounds like you have 2 little fish the way they took the water so quickly!
Post a Comment